Particle size, particle shape, material bulk density, moisture content and hopper design are some of the factors which determine whether or not a product will bridge, rat-hole or segregate upon discharge.
The installation of a Mucon Promo-Flow discharge system will promote the flow of any product which is normally capable of flow, but which needs occasional or frequent help to get started or to keep it moving.
Robust vibrators mounted externally activate vibrating screens mounted on the inside of the silo walls, at the points where flow problems occur. The whole Promoflow unit is allowed to vibrate whilst imparting little or no vibration to the silo or hopper itself.
The custom-made internally mounted screens are specially designed to transmit vibration directly into the product keeping it 'alive', thus preventing material 'bridging', 'rat-holing' or segregation during discharge.
The Promoflow material discharge systems are used in a wide variety of industry sectors such as food, pharmaceutical, chemical, etc.
Other typical products that have been successfully handled by the Mucon Promoflow range include; Asbestos, wood chips, sand, bauxite, shredded paper, bone meal, metal powders, fire clay, wood shavings, coal dust, lime, ore slag, glass frit, gypsum, cement, plaster, ester, vermiculite, metal silvers etc.
Key benefits include:
* The Promoflow units are able to be installed retrospectively to any existing hopper or silo;
* The Discharge Aid is directly located within a storage vessel where a flow problem exists;
* Quick and easy to install;
* Low energy and air consumption;
* Well-proven design with many satisfied users in a wide variety of applications;
* Imparts little vibration to the silo itself. This avoids compaction higher up the vessel normally associated with other types of products;
* Promoflow also avoids material fatigue factors often associated with other types of discharge aids;
* Quiet in operation;
* Transmits vibration directly into the product, shakes the contents, not the bin.
For more information, visit www.mucon.com