Electrolube is launching a number of new products by taking two stands at electronica 2014, marking the company's debut at this leading trade fair for electronic components, systems and applications.
Visitors will find the company in Halls A6 (Stand 131) and B1 (Stand 548). Hall A6 is dedicated to the automotive industry and here Electrolube will present its conformal coatings, resins and contact lubricant products and examples of its application process expertise. Hall B1 hosts sensors, micro- and nano-systems, MEMS technologies and electromechanical/system peripherals; here Electrolube will demonstrate its extensive capabilities in thermal management.
New products making their debut at electronica 2014 include:
* AFA aromatic free acrylic coating: This acrylic conformal coating for the protection of electronic circuits is formulated without the use of hazardous aromatic solvents such as Toluene and Xylene. It is UL746-QMJU2 compliant, achieves flame retardancy to UL94 V-0, and meets IPC-CC-830 and MIL-1-46058C approvals. AFA is ideal for those applications requiring rework, being easily removed using Electrolube’s ULS cleaning solvents. Both spray and film-coat versions are offered.
* HTCX non-silicone paste: This non-silicone based heat transfer compound is an enhanced version of HTC (the 'X' referring to 'Xtra' in terms of performance). It features improved thermal conductivity, lower oil bleed, and lower evaporation weight loss. HTCX is recommended where the efficient and reliable thermal coupling of electrical and electronic components is required, or for application between any surface where thermal conductivity or heat dissipation is important - mounting studs of diodes, transistors, thyristors, heat sinks, silicon rectifiers and power resistors being good examples.
* LTC aromatic-free, low-temperature coating: This tough, flexible, modified synthetic rubber conformal coating for electronic circuit board protection features an extremely low temperature property and low moisture vapour permeability, as well as offering excellent mechanical and dielectric properties after high/low temperature cycling. The product can be sprayed, dipped or brushed using manual spray guns and selective coating equipment, and it contains a useful UV trace, which allows inspection of the PCB after coating to ensure complete and even coverage.
* ER2221 two-part epoxy resin: This high temperature resistant, thermally conductive, two-part potting and encapsulating compound features a superior thermal cycle system which makes it suitable for applications with operating temperatures ranging from -40°C to +150°C. Flame retardant and RoHS-2 compliant, EP305 offers excellent thermal conductivity and is ideal for applications requiring heat dissipation. EP305 can be cured at ambient temperature or at accelerated rates at higher temperatures.
* ER1455 chemical-resistant, two-part epoxy resin: This two-part epoxy encapsulation resin ensures high resistance to a wide variety of chemicals, including solvents and fuels. The resin offers a 100 percent reactive system, free from solvents or non-reactive diluents. Offering good adhesion to a wide variety of substrates, ER1455 is RoHS-2 compliant and has a very wide operating temperature range of -50°C to +150°C. It can be cured at ambient temperature or at accelerated rates at higher temperatures.
Other products on display include: UVCL UV curing conformal coating; ER2220 two-part epoxy encapsulation compound; UR5633 polyurethane resin, and HTSP silicone heat transfer compound.