SSP’s FB Series multipurpose ball valves can be used in a wide range of applications, but are specifically designed for use in demanding applications that many ball valves can’t handle, such as high pressure, high temperature and low differential pressure.
The FB Series feature a floating ball design that allows upstream pressure to assist the downstream seal. Live loaded seats allow the valve to seal under differential pressures lower than other floating ball designs. Standard PEEK seats deliver leak-tight performance at 6000psig.
A primary advantage with the FB Series is the fact that the downstream spring can cushion the shock of the ball against the seat, preventing damage over the long term.
Additionally, the end-screw completely supports the seat at high pressure, protecting the seat from deformation, even at high temperatures. This design significantly reduces seat wear, leakage, and extends the performance life.
SSP’s new FB Series ball valves are suitable in low and high pressure applications and dynamic temperature and pressure conditions. Additional specifications include:
* 6000psig (413bar) working pressure at 250°F;
* High Flow - Cv up to 13.8;
* Wide temperature range (-40 to 400°F);
* Leak-tight envelope seal and shut-off;
* Wide range of end connection size and type combinations, including 3 styles of tube fittings;
* Low torque actuation;
* Higher cycle life and low maintenance.