TE Connectivity's new DEUTSCH 369 Series connectors provides a range of high-reliability, lightweight, compact and cost-efficient connectors suited to harsh aerospace environments. This series is particularly suited to civil aerospace cabin systems applications. The connectors have been designed to meet today's tightening industry regulations and Electrical Wiring Interconnect Systems (EWIS) best practices and is one of the most versatile and complete connector offerings on the market today.
* Meet smoke and toxicity standards – IAW FAR25 853 and ABD0031.
* Space-saving rectangular form factor
* Colour coding for quick ID and install.
* Positive button latching/audible click.
* Simple cable-tie mounting with latch-defeat mechanism.
* MIL style 'cork-in-bottle' sealing profile (IP67 rating).
* Fully scoop-proof and suitable for blind mating.
* PEI / PEEK harsh environment shell materials
* EN2591-317 aerospace fluids resistance.
* Mating durability – 500 matings.
* Removable back-fitting accessory to help reduce wire strain.
The 369 series is designed for applications where fewer contacts are needed in each connector and shielding is unnecessary. The extremely lightweight and compact connectors come in three standard contact layouts: 3-, 6- and 9-way configurations.
Installation and maintenance of cabling is simple, quick and reliable with a range of individually colour-coded keying options. Each mated half of the connector can be configured with either male or female contacts, doubling the keying configurations available and electrically protecting contacts on the powered-side of a system.
Aerospace standard AS39029 crimp contacts can be easily extracted and inserted from the rear of the connector with standard tooling. The 369 series is particularly suitable for blind-mating or low visibility conditions, with the scoop-proof interface to help prevent damage to contacts.
The connectors are fully sealed for use in areas with high levels of moisture and are manufactured from high-performance composite materials which are designed to help meet the low smoke, toxicity and flammability requirements of the aerospace industry.
The 369 series connectors are suitable for various aerospace applications within the cabin such as cabin lighting, oxygen mask systems, galley systems and seat actuation systems. The connectors also provide a solution for UAV lighting systems and helicopter control panels.
For more information, visit www.te.com