Because of its miniature size it can be easily integrated into machines with limited space. Those include mobile devices such as handheld readers, tablets, displays, terminals and POS systems for real payment applications since the Nano module is EMVCo ready. Hence it strengthens the role of smartphones, which are increasingly being used as the human-machine interface in Industry 4.0 scenarios. It supports simultaneously more than 60 transponder technologies (ie, Calypso, HID Prox, HID iClass, LEGIC, MIFARE Classic, MIFARE DESFire EV1, NTag 2xx, NFC Tag Forum Type 1-5 etc.) from low frequency (125kHz & 134.2kHz) and high frequency (13.56MHz) as well as technologies compliant to ISO14443A/B (T=CL), ISO15693, ISO18092 / ECMA-340 (NFC).
The TWN4 MultiTech Nano has to be connected to an external antenna through a printed circuit board. Its powerful hardware allows the extension of supported transponders to meet individual requests.
The broad technological support makes this product very attractive for hardware manufacturers, integrators and solution developers who offer their solutions internationally. By deploying TWN technology based RFID readers they do no need to worry about the transponder types used at their clients’ facilities since all current transponder types are supported and new transponders are added on a regular basis.
* Powerful SDK for writing apps which are executed directly on the reader
* Infield updateable
* Onboard 18kB flash storage, e.g. for storing user accessible non-volatile data
* Edge plated pads for surface mounting (C0) allows easy and reliable PCB mounting & connector option (THT) (C1)
* Direct chip-commands support
* Supports multiple SAMs (Secure Access Modules)
* CCID and PC/SC 2.01
* Interfaces: USB, 2 x Serial (logic level), I²C, SPI, Clock/Data, Wiegand, 1-Wire, CAN
* 8 GPIOs
* 3D Model (STEP) on request.
Furthermore the Nano module is offered also with LEGIC 4200 series reader chip as TWN4 MultiTech Nano LEGIC 42.