The Schaffner Group has released SchaffnerPQS3, an updated version of its power quality simulator. Using the free and intuitive SchaffnerPQS3 power quality topics such as harmonics caused by nonlinear loads can be quantified and documented comprehensively. In addition realistic performance simulations of mitigation tools such as Schaffner ecosine power quality filters can be conducted.
The SchaffnerPQS3 is a Power Quality Simulation tool for planners, consultants and application engineers, it enables the accurate modelling and simulation of low voltage 3-phase network topologies including simulation of power, current and voltage at all network nodes. Users can simulate complex power networks and get rapid answers on how to solve power quality issues with the help of the broad Power Quality product portfolio of the Schaffner Group. In addition it offers comprehensive report functions and features compliance checking with all relevant international power quality standards.
In addition to the updated and more intuitive new design, SchaffnerPQS3 is more robust, reliable, flexible and easier to use in comparison to earlier versions and it features the following upgrades:
* Back-end simulation engine power and accuracy improvement
* Refreshed new GUI design, wiring by left click, delete function by delete button
* Share projects with colleagues/partners by simply copying the URL link
* Even more accurate AHF simulation model
* Generator model included
* Customer specific AC line chokes functionality now available
* Schaffner 18-pulse autotransformer – 'Mitigator', included.
The updated SchaffnerPQS3 is particularly suitable for systems with variable speed drives. Once a user sets up an account, they can immediately start using this powerful tool free of charge.