Nexam Chemical has introduced a new multifunctional additive with intended use as chain extender and crosslinker. Nexamite PBO is also an effective compatibiliser and acid scavenger in the manufacture of virgin polymer blends, engineering plastics and recycling of mixed plastics.
Added values using Nexamite PBO are:
* Improved hydrolytic and thermal stability;
* Allows for the use of low viscosity polymers;
* Enables for upgrading of spent and recycled material;
* Allows for controlled branching and crosslinking degree;
* Makes possible for the compatibilisation of polymer blends.
Nexamite PBO technology improves melt viscosity, hydrolytic stability and heat resistance, which is useful in a variety of industries. The chemical, physical and mechanical properties, along with the ease of formulating better performing materials provides opportunities to use the solution in a wide range of plastic materials and manufacturing processes.
“Both the end customers and material developers will benefit from Nexamite PBO’s strong performance in many application areas” says Daniel Röme, director business development & innovation at Nexam Chemical.