Stäubli Electrical Connectors is launching the new 16BL single-pole high-current connector, which was specially designed with optimized safety functions and increased flexibility specifically for (emergency) power supplies and industrial applications. The 16BL has numerous impressive innovations and allows safe, intuitive use and reliable power transmission under extreme environmental conditions, even in a temperature range from -40 to +120° C.
The new 16BL connector system from Stäubli Electrical Connectors is designed for high power up to 630 A. The components are robust and can be used easily and safely, even under the most adverse conditions of use (IP65, IP68, and IP69 degree of protection; salt-spray resistant). The new 45° bayonet locking system as well as the crimp and reusable AxiClamp cable connections ensure a reliable connection. The color and mechanical coding allows quick, intuitive identification and connection in the field with no risk of confusion. The micro-switch integrated into the flush-mounted socket signals the user that the connection is plugged in and can also be integrated into a safety circuit for machine enabling, fulfilling IEC 61984. Besides high numbers of mating cycles (up to 5,000, depending on conditions of use), the tried and tested MULTILAM technology guarantees consistently high contact quality with constantly low contact resistance throughout the entire lifespan.
Facts & Figures:
- Extended range of use (nominal current up to 630 A, temperature range from -40 to +120°C, salt spray resistance, certified according to UL 486A-486B)
- Additional safety functions (IP2X when disconnected, color and mechanical coding, locking pin prevents unauthorized disconnection) of the 45° bayonet locking system
- Robustness and optimized operation under harsh conditions (IP65, IP68, IP69)
- AxiClamp cable connection in addition to crimp cable connection for the free connectors
- Complete portfolio of accessories for easy integration and greater durability (e.g. angle adapters for easy insertion with less force)