Rotronic has launched a new transmitter for measurement of humidity and temperature in explosive atmospheres. The series is certified to ATEX and IECEx and therefore conforms to the latest international standards (IEC 60079-0/11/18/26/31/7).
The HygroFlex5-EX (HF5-EX) series consists of a robust aluminium transmitter with or without display. The attached probes are cast into a stainless steel tube, and are certified for operation in Zone 0/20. The transmitter itself is certified for Zone 1/21. Rotronic says that compared to its predecessor, the new explosion-proof device no longer needs an intrinsically safe power supply thanks to a clever circuit design with galvanic isolation.
The HygroFlex5-EX advantages at a glance:
• Measurement of relative humidity and temperature, optional
• Output of dew point and other calculated parameters
• Safe operation in areas with explosion risk
• Intrinsically safe electrical construction
• No intrinsically safe power supply required
• Interchangeable stainless steel probes
• Robust aluminium housing
For more information visit www.rotronic.com