Molex Incorporated has expanded its EdgeLine portfolio with the addition of its new, high-speed edge card connectors. These low-profile, one-piece products feature a high-speed differential contact design that enables speeds of up to 25 Gbps with excellent signal integrity. The products are the latest addition to the EdgeLine family, which provides cost-effective, flexible and scalable solutions for low-to-mid range telecommunications, computing and storage applications.
“As systems become more complex, customers not only require higher data rates and superior signal transmission clarity, but also greater levels of interconnectivity within limited board space,” said Adam Stanczak, product development manager, Molex. “The latest EdgeLine connectors address the need for a reliable, high-speed, one-piece solution while continuing to provide the ultimate in design flexibility with compact density and minimal PCB footprint real estate.”
The connectors can accommodate PCB thicknesses of 1.57 to 3.18mm, making them ideal for intricate product designs. They are available in multiple circuit sizes providing greater design flexibility for signal and power assignments in one solution. The connectors also feature low-profile heights for enhanced airflow and thermal management, with the CoPlanar measuring 6.40mm above the PCB and the CoEdge at 3.50mm above and below the PCB.
Other features include:
* Press-fit, compliant-pin terminal design for easy board termination using flat-rock tooling and SMT attach for higher speed capability;
* Cost-effective stitched terminal to accommodate various signal and power requirements
* Common or singulated ground which offers flexibility for power, slow-speed, single-ended signals and high-speed differential circuits;
* Centre key on certain circuit sizes improves the PCB alignment during mating by centring the mating edge within the socket interface;
* Keying and locking features on the 0.80mm pitch CoEdge connectors secure it to the PCB and improve board alignment during mating. A secondary locking option helps prevent accidental unmating and prohibits the PCB from backing out of connector.
For more information, visit www.molex.com