Molex's Woodhead MAX-LOC Plus Shielded Cord-Grip Assemblies feature a nickel-plated aluminium housing and shielding ring for superior electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI) protection.
The assemblies enable original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and end-users to connect high-power electrical currents directly to an application with an exterior mounting enclosure, simplifying the installation process for high-volume, cost-sensitive programs. The assemblies also meet IP67 and IP69K ratings making them ideal for high-frequency switched-mode power supply (SMPS) applications in harsh environments such as those found in the industrial automation; aerospace and defence; alternative energy and commercial vehicles industries.
“Noise generated by electronic devices can be very disruptive, causing system failures on power lines and wireless connections that are in close proximity, especially in rugged conditions,” said Tony Quebbemann, product manager, Molex. “For instance, commercial vehicle OEMs were looking for a lower cost shielding and sealing gland that would stand up to both on- and off-road demands and the MAX-LOC Plus more than meets their requirements.”
The MAX-LOC Plus assemblies bring together several distinct design features found in other Molex products into a single solution, providing a cost and labour savings over conventional industry-standard products. These include:
* A unique grip-body with an internal cut-away design to ensure a clean passage for pre-assembled harnesses and pre-crimped lugs, simplifying assembly and field serviceability;
* A tapered shielding ring, rather than usual finger contacts, for a robust and reliable connection that ensures low contact resistance and cable grounding;
* An internal wedge-shaped grommet that seals against liquids and dust while providing a cable retention that can withstand a pull force of 50 lbs (222.4N);
* Two external mounting holes that simplify the installation process by allowing a single installer, versus two installers, to make the connection directly to the OEM panel, enclosure or vehicle body;
* A compression nut and stop ring to ensure the cable gland stays tight under high-vibration conditions.
For more information, visit www.molex.com