For those with the passion to discover, imagine and create the future, 'on-the-go' access to workstation-class computing provides the freedom to work wherever inspiration strikes. Dell says that this passion to create is why it is launching 'the world's most powerful 15.6-inch mobile workstation' - the Dell Precision M4500.
This laptop-style workstation weighs just 2.7kg (6lb) and joins Dell's family of mobile workstations, which includes 'the world's most powerful 17-inch mobile workstation available today,' the Dell Precision M6500.
The M4500 is designed to liberate creative professionals, designers, animators, engineers and research scientists from their desks. It also supports the missions of defence customers who require mobile workstation performance and security, including authentication and data encryption, when in the field.
Dell says the M4500 is the world's first 15.6-inch mobile workstation to offer an optional SSD Minicard for additional high-performance data storage and user-selectable thermal tables that keep systems cool and extend battery life when full power is not needed. In addition to the M6500, the M4500 provides near-instant access to e-mail, calendar, contacts, the Internet and virtual remote desktops, with a new technology called Dell Precision On.
Other product highlights include:
* An optional Intel Core i7-920XM Quad Core processor Extreme Edition, and Intel Core i7 and Core i5 processors linked with fast 1066MHz and 1333MHz memory for compute-intensive and memory bandwidth-sensitive applications
* Optional NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M or Quadro FX 880M graphics with 1GB of dedicated memory for large models and models with high texture
* An optional HD+ sRGB LED 15.6-inch screen with 120 per cent user-selectable colour gamut support
* An optional 3MP camera and Gobi 2.0 mobile broadband support with a multi-touch touchpad
* Support for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP, as well as Red Hat Linux 5.3 64-bit.
Like the Dell Precision M6500, the M4500 offers compatibility and optimised performance on key applications from independent software vendors such as Adobe, Autodesk, Dassault Systemes, PTC and Siemens PLM Software.
As a part of the Dell E-Family product line, the M4500 is compatible with E-Family accessories including port replicators, notebook stands, display and monitor stands and external storage modules. In addition, the M4500 delivers comprehensive security options including Dell Controlvault security, Fips fingerprint reader and a contactless smart card reader.
For more information, visit www.dell.com