Trafag pressure transmitters are are suited to most requirements in very many of the harshest application areas. Apart from mature amplifier electronics – in the very latest products, equipped with ASIC – the technology of the associated pressure sensor is also of focal importance.
Special demands are placed particularly on signal processing by pressure transmitters.
Advantages in comparison with conventional electronics:
- Long-term drift <0.1percent FS.
- Comprehensive compensation possibilities via three-dimensional sets of characteristic curves
- Temperature range -40 to125°C.
- Supports all prevalent sensor technologies (thin-film, thick-film, piezo-resistive).
- Three independent input channels (pressure, temperature and one further digital auxiliary parameter).
- Signals of only just a few mV can be processed without problem (ie free of drift).
- The rectified output signals are available as pulse-width or pulse-density signals.
Using sputtering and CVD technologies, pressure sensitive thin film layers are deposited on the backside of a stainless steel membrane. The steel membrane is then welded to the pressure connection of a pressure transmitter to form a measuring cavity entirely made of stainless steel and free of O-ring. The complete assembly produces a very long-term stable signal and is highly temperature resistant. This offers:
- Excellent long-term stability.
- High temperature-resistance.
- Completely weld-sealed sensor system made of stainless steel alloys.
- No additional materials (eg O-rings) which could limit compatibility with certain sample media.
- Withstands very high overpressures.
- For gauge pressure ranges of 0–400mbar up to 0–2000bar.
Trafag AG is based in Männedorf, Switzerland. www.trafag.com"