Page 1 of 2
AVEVA Everything3D (E3D) enables customers to adopt ‘lean’ working practices spanning engineering, design and construction. This will speed overall project execution and reduce wastage.
As part of AVEVA’s Integrated Engineering & Design approach, AVEVA E3D brings significant innovations to greatly enhance new-build plant design and through-life modification projects.
Central to this is the integration of laser scan data and 3D geometry; powerful drafting tools and intuitive user interfaces for common design tasks.
“The market for plant design solutions is changing and requires a new vision,” said Dave Wheeldon, CTO and Head of Engineering Design Systems, AVEVA. “It is no longer enough to achieve error-free designs. The availability of affordable new technologies makes it practical to broaden the reach of plant design to encompass other stakeholders – vendors, fabricators and the construction teams.
“A key to unlocking the cost savings offered by adopting a ‘Lean’ philosophy comes from the ability for teams remote from the design office to communicate status and construction information as the build progresses.”
AVEVA E3D will include:
* A plant design system which is integrated with engineering and schematic disciplines.
* A 3D modelling capability of 'real world' representation quality, combining the best 3D graphics and laser scan point clouds.
* A 2D drawing capability fully automated and integrated with the 3D model
* Full interoperability with other design systems used in the design process
* An architecture that can support project re-use and modular design with the extension to support integration with cloud/mobile infrastructure.
* The capability to operate in parallel with the current class leader: AVEVA PDMS.
AVEVA E3D will be commercially available from mid-December 2012.
For more information, visit www.aveva.com/futureofplantdesign